The Climate Action Network Forum is currently meeting online about every six weeks. Recent meetings have considered:
- the District Council’s Draft CN2030 Strategy, how to participate in the Government’s Green Home Grant Scheme,
- nature-based approaches to building climate resilience, the Gloucestershire Tree Strategy and local tree planting support;
- working with specialist groups on renewable energy projects, including domestic and non-domestic rooftop solar;
- the Gloucestershire Food and Farming Strategy; and
- projects and actions dealing with active travel and alternative travel provision.
You can read the notes from meetings and links to recommended sources for information and advice about topics covered at the meetings. There is also an online discussion space using Slack, where Forum participants can discuss and share ideas on specific themes.
Forum members will be local climate action groups working in specific geographic communities in the district of Stroud on practical initiatives to reduce local carbon emissions and build community resilience. Groups will either be community-led, or Parish/Town Council led with community input.
We also welcome participation from organisations and specialist groups that can advise or work with local groups on specific types of project.
Read full details in the Forum’s Terms of Reference